Sunday, January 19, 2014

eat play (nap) love


Riley and I went for a walk in the woods the other day and as it was a mild, wintery day with a gentle breeze and sunlight that was almost warming, we found ourselves in a meditative mood. And, as we have just had our chakras aligned, we got talking about our innermost thoughts and dreams. Riley, being inclined to doggerel now and again, shared with me his most recent haikus. These latest ones are about his New Year’s resolutions.

 Master, teach your way.

Alas, we dogs are thumbless!

Sous Chef in next life.


 

A billion grass blades.

Who has been here before me?

I will sniff each one.


 
Local. Organic.

So many sticks to collect.

Canine gourmet snack.

 

 
Bed, your siren song.

No one said, “Get down from there!”

New personal best.

 


Kibble in my dish.

Scarfed it in thirty seconds.

New personal best.




Mom is cursing. Why?

Clumps of hair caught in vacuum.

Classic dog humor.

  

Puss! Don’t run away!

I want to be your dog pal!

Honest! No, really!

  

Squirrel! Don’t run away!

I want to be your dog pal!

Honest! No, really!

 


Cursed coat and boots!

Did that dog just laugh at me?

(Oh, but so warm and dry!)

 
 

Milk Bones. Beggin’ Strips.

I could lose a couple pounds.

Not really my fault.

 
 

Dad! You’re home! It’s you!

You were gone a whole minute!

It seems more like days!


Love, Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment