Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Even More Conversations with 60-Plus Year-Olds

Dear Blog Subscribers, If you saw the condensed version of this on Facebook this week, my apologies for the replay.


Scene 1:  The Bedroom. Afternoon. The Mr. has just arrived home from work. The Mrs. has just carried a load of laundry into the bedroom.

Me: (Putting clean sheets on the bed) Could you please pull that corner up? I can't quite get it tucked under the mattress.

Mr.: (Tugging on the bed sheet) Geez, that IS tight. Honest to Pete! They can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a decent fitted sheet.

Me: How did you know I got Greek food for dinner?

Mr.: I didn't. What are you talking about?

Me: What are YOU talking about?

Mr.: Uhhm…?

Me: You. You just said something about feta cheese!

Mr.: No, I didn't!

Me: Yes, you did!

Mr.: When?

Me: Just now! You said something about making a decent feta cheese.

Mr.: FITTED SHEET! I said, "They can't make a decent FITTED SHEET!"

Me: Oh. 

Mr.: This is how it's going to be, isn't it?

Me: GOING to be? Already is. Anyway, I think these sheets shrank in the dryer.

Mr.: That's not all that's shrinking.

Me: Pardon?

Mr.: Nothing, dear. So, did you buy lamb patties?

Me: Sham fatties?!?! 





No comments:

Post a Comment